The word ‘gratitude’ is powerful. Being grateful can make us feel open and expansive, allowing us a grander perspective on our world. Spontaneous feelings of gratitude are wonderful, but more often than not it is something to cultivate in our own personal garden.
This is especially true on the days when we feel it least, when those tender shoots of gratitude need the most protection. Changing our viewpoint using gratitude can bring about meaningful change in your perspective. Imagine looking at your life through a camera lens that was just a little bit of focus, you can make out the image, but it is a little hazy. Gratitude is a way to refocus, it allows for awareness of what is good, what makes living worthwhile and what we need to protect and nurture in our lives.
We want to know how you experience gratitude in your life. What makes you light up with an inner thank you? Do you have a practice such as a gratitude journal?
Share with us anyway you like, a photo, story, your favourite self-care quotes, anything that communicates how you explore self-care!
To celebrate gratitude, we have put together an awesome prize back for our monthly giveaway including the following:
1. A digital download of our newly released Complete Fourth Season!
2. A handmade artisan Woodlot Soap
3. Our own Namaste TV palo santo
Inspire your fellow Namaste tribe by using #mynamstelife to share on social media how you use yoga as a guide on and off your mat. Details of entry are below. Remember to tag #mynamastelife on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter so we can follow along your gratitude journey!
How to participate:
- Via E-mail: Share an original photograph and/or write to us explaining how you explore gratitude.
- Via Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: Post / Re-post an original picture (taken by you) with a comment descriptive of how you explore gratitude.
- Use the #mynamstelife hashtag to enter your picture into the contest, or send us your picture by direct message if you have a private Instagram/Facebook/Twitter account.
- Post your picture by November 30th, 2016. We’ll select our favourite picture and will announce the winner on our Instagram/Facebook feed on Friday, December 2nd, 2016.
Contest participants must either:
- Post or re-post an original photo (taken by them), to their own Instagram/Facebook/Twitter account with the #mynamstelife hashtag, with a comment outlining how it is descriptive of them exploring self care in their lives to enter the Namaste TV Gratitude November Contest. OR
- E-mail an original photo (taken by them) and/or a comment outlining how they explore self care in the lives to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the Namaste TV Gratitude November Contest.
- In doing so, participants agree to having their photo entry reposted by Namaste TV or it’s social media accounts/website/newsletter.
- Participants with private Instagram/Facebook/Twitter accounts must Direct Message their photo entry and description to Namaste TV, and in doing so, agree to have their photo entry and user name posted to the Namaste TV Instagram account or it’s social media accounts/website/newsletter.
- Photo entries must be posted to Instagram/Facebook/Twitter by 5pm PST November 30th, 2016.
- Namaste TV will select one winner and will publicly announce the winner on Friday, December 2nd, 2016 on their Instagram and Facebook feed.
- We will ship the prize of the Woodlot Soap and Namaste Palo Santo to the winner’s supplied mailing address. We will contact the winner by their supplied e-mail address to gift them their digital copy of the complete Fourth Season.
- This competition is open worldwide.